Quarter 2 Update – February 2019.
Quarter 2 is the second quarter in our contract year, so our percentage results are analysed for our Self Assessment Report and Quality Improvement plan
- Success rates again for this quarter remain high. Our overall Apprenticeship success rate stands at 86% and our Advanced Learner Loans are at 94%. Traineeships continue to achieve with 100% achieving their main aim and 100% progressing onto either Apprenticeship training or FE training.
- Our provision for Advanced Learner Loans has increased with the most popular courses being Nail Technology, Hairdressing, Barbering and Assessors Awards. Anyone interested in taking a loan to complete one of our Level 3 programmes should contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Milestone data shows that at Quarter 2, a high percentage of our Apprenticeship and Loan learners met their quarter 2 milestones, however, our Traineeship learners did not all progress when they were planned to. This could have been for a variety of reasons and we are currently looking at ways to improve this.
- Our Hairdressing Apprentices who are on New Standards have been taking part in mock End Point Assessments over the past quarter. These mocks have not been graded but we are now starting to grade them. Employers will be involved in the final mock EPA’s before the learners are registered for their actual end point assessment which is under exam conditions with an external examiner. Watch this space as our first Apprentices will be completing their EPA’s in the summer. If you have any questions about the EPA process please email email@example.com
- The New Beauty Apprenticeship Standards have now been approved and our first beauty learners have now been registered. They too will take part in mock assessments to ensure they are ready for their own EPAs in 2020.
- Since the beginning of November we have had 43 learners start on one of our programmes; we would like to welcome all new learners and wish you well throughout your programme.
- Learners continue to achieve well in Maths and English. 100% of learners achieve their Functional Skills aim on time and the majority continue on to work towards the next level.
- 95% of our learners leaving programme this quarter have progressed onto a positive destination; whether that be further training, progressions onto a higher programme, full time or part time employment or self employment. We wish all our learners the very best of luck and success in the future and please know we are always here to help with any advice or guidance you may need about further training or your future career paths. We are committed to supporting you in your chosen career and really want you to be successful. Keep in touch!
- We will be shortly asking all classes to vote in their new learner reps. if you are up for being the class representative/learner support for your class, ask your trainer for more details and put yourself forward for the vote!
Other Interesting facts about Oracle’s development …….
Did you know that ……?
- We are still monitoring attendance and punctuality of Learners. We have met our attendance target for quarter 2 of 85%. Well done to all Learners to showing great commitment to your future. As we are all aware, lateness has an impact not only on the individual’s learning but also those around them. We have 3% of learners who have been late in the last quarter. Please make sure you are on time for your class showing your class mates and your tutor that you respect Oracle’s code of conduct.
- Learners have had the opportunity to take part in product training this last quarter, with Hairdressing learners going to Wella Studio in Manchester and Beauty learners attending Dermalogica’ s product knowledge training.
- Anyone wanting to attend the Hair and Beauty Expo on Monday 20th May will need to give your name to your trainer or reception. Your place will be secured once you have paid your £20.
- Voting for new learner reps will be happening across the next quarter. Consider your candidates and help make your learning environment the best it can be.
- Thank you everyone for voting Young Minds to be your chosen charity for 2019. We will be planning a fund raising event in the next few weeks so we will keep you informed.
- Oracle is 20 years old this year and we are hoping to celebrate throughout the year and will be asking everyone for ideas of what we can do. We would like to thank everyone who has helped and supported Oracle throughout the years. Here’s to the next 20!
- Tell us what you think! We welcome all productive comments, so if you have any suggestions as to how we can improve our service, please post them in our ‘Talk to me Tank’ or email firstname.lastname@example.org